Member Service Representative: Part-time
Delivers outstanding service to members both face to face and externally (phone, email, etc.). Perform teller and select member service activities, as well as meet sales goals through cross sales of credit union products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service.
- In compliance with credit union marketing image and service delivery goals, be knowledgeable of and sell credit union products and services, answer inquiries and provide information to members on all types of accounts, loans, and other credit union services.
- Perform teller job functions, balancing functions for ATM, individual and branch summaries, and GL accounts as assigned.
- Perform progressively responsible duties to include: a. Add new relationships to existing accounts. b. Perform needs identification and cross sell appropriate credit union products and services.
- Serve members in person and by telephone, determining the nature of business, handle request(s) or refer to appropriate department.
- Attain and maintain a thorough understanding of the credit union’s policies and procedures, providing routine information to the members.
- Open and close the computer terminal on a daily basis. Account for assigned cash and transactions and balance to the computer system daily.
- Process members’ transactions to include, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Open and maintain IRAs and share certificates.
- Order ATM cards.
- Process credit card cash advances.
- Prepare and disburse money orders, traveler’s checks, certified checks and cashier’s checks.
- Process wire transfers, stop payments, check holds and check orders.
- Assist Branch Manager in the overall maintenance of the branch office, to include opening and closing, and general cleanliness of the office in order for its presence to be in an orderly and professional manner.
- Open and close member accounts and services.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Qualified applicant will be able to successfully perform each duty. Prior banking experience required. Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
Send resume with qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org